Friday, December 13, 2013

Week 9, Domain Setup

On week 9 we setup a domain name using one of the various sites to acquire the name. First we had to register a domain name which took some time onto itself. You had to find a name that was available and yet contained some kind of meaning for us, individually. I used blue host as one of the sites to create my domain name. After sorting through several names I was finally able use one that had some kind of meaning to the work I did. After that I then had to enter account information. After entering information such as name, address, and email address I then had to select a package deal. I could go a 12 month price up to a 6 month price with the latter being cheaper in price per month. After entering the one i wanted I was brought to the billing page where I had to enter my credit card number, expiration date, etc. I regrettably didn't get to finish the process to complete it but I'm quite sure that i would have control over the name after I had selected "Next" on the bottom of the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment