Friday, October 11, 2013

Analysis of Healthcare.gov

Accessing the health care site was easy enough but once you were on it then bombarded you with a front page with a mass amount of information. Sure finding the sign in and register button was easy but to find what you specifically wanted without having an account was the challenging part. Once i clicked on the register button it asked for information such as name, age and even asked you to create a username and password. Once that was finished it would then proceed to ask you to verify your account by which they sent a verification code to your email. You would then have to enter that code in and it would bring you back to the sign in page where you have to log in with your username and password. The issue i had with this was that the password had to be precise and even when i had placed in the password several times it still came up as me typing it wrong. Infuriating as it was, I had to change the password and I was finally able to access my account. The site brought me to my account in which I then had to navigate to find where to apply for health care plans. That wasn't entirely hard as they had a big button that said “Find plan”.

Once I clicked on it I was then asked to click on an option for whether it was for me or my family, company or clients. I clicked the one for me and family and then i was asked some more information such as my birth date, zip code, and annual income. This, however, seemed to ask more information on covered members which confused me. I was trying to apply as an individual and i kept being asked about covered members. Only after i entered my personal information i then had to put down something for covered members or it wouldn't let me continue with the application. Once that was entered I was brought to a screen where it told me if i was eligible or not for these plans. It seems the higher the income the lesser the chance from my perspective. The frustrating part was every time i left that part of the page and had to go back to “Find a plan” I had to continually enter my household information and covered members information again just to get to the health care plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment